August 13, 2012

WIP….Desktops

wip1

I am such a digital pack-rat! 

wip2

Being of the more visual sort, I get a real kick out of seeing art in it’s “Work-In-Progress” mode. 

wip3

Possibly because it hasn’t defined itself totally yet.  The piece can be taken in so many directions.

wip4

I especially love it when a drawing surprises me!

wip5

What is there not to like about the colors in the pics here?  Anytime I get to use the whole color spectrum, I’m happy!

wip6

Graphite pencils….Ya gotta start somewhere!  I must admit, I miss the erasability of graphite.

wip7

Desktops!  I’m not the neatest person, that’s for sure.  I also tend to spread out!  If I don’t see it, I forget I have it! Haha

wip8

Art journaling in a whimsical way.

wip9

Photo-realism…my latest passion!

wip10

More graphite work.

wip11

More messy desktops.

So, now you can see what I see as I try to bring something into creation.  I love it when I have lots of ideas….all lined up in a row…in my head.  But that’s not always the case.  Art evolves with the person.   Something I may have wanted to do one day doesn’t always carry the same weight the next day.  What I find important is the doing!  The trying to learn new things, to challenge myself with a new picture or new technique.  For instance today…I have no interest in painting.  But that may change. 

I think it’s best to not force yourself to like something you don’t.  This is also the beauty of not being in a super-structured environment.  I have the freedom to choose what to spend my time learning.  With that being said….I can see the flip side of that super-structured environment too!  We can gather information/inspiration from other sources in unexpected ways.  So really either way…it’s a win-win, if I keep the right attitude.

A penny for your thoughts too!  I’d love to hear your take.

5 comments:

Susan said...

These photos are fantastic. The color and how you use it knocked my socks off! Thanks for a wonderful post.

Unknown said...

Magnificent post! Your art always makes me feel like I ran through a ray of happiness!

jinxxxygirl said...

How wonderful to see all your art in one place! I like to see WIP's too. I like to read what the person was thinking at the time too, what their decision making process was like.....Your bright colors have always pulled me in. While i admire your ability to sketch people (just amazing!), something i cannot do. I find i enjoy your doodling the most. Its amazing how something so simple can become so intricate.

I've often thought i might enjoy an art class of some sort or even a college art degree but then i always balk at the structured enviroment...i think it would take away my joy. i don't think i could draw on command.....lol....You are such an inspiration Woman! Thank you so much! Hugs! deb

Stephanie said...

I love this post and being able to see your work in progress. I take a lot of photos too while I work. For some reason it helps me see what areas need work better through the camera lens than my own eyes with it in front of me. I take them with my phone but it's good enough for me to see where I need to add more depth, etc.

Eden said...

Thanks so much Susan, Emma, Deb and Stephanie!!

It's so fun to hear how everyone else approaches their art!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden